SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wabbie_gw

I'm English and getting married in the USA!

wabbie
13 years ago

Hi! My fiance and I are currently applying for a K1 fiance visa, and to cut the story short once I enter the USA we have 90 days to get married, and because its a visa process we cant even give people a rough date, it could be in 3 months time or it could be 9 we just don't know.

My problem/concern is that it is unrealistic that the vast majority of my friend and family in the UK will make it, they have voiced this to me. Please don't reply saying I don't know this, i do, I'm being realistic we have to be married in 90 days people don't have that kind of money available in the short of a time.

BUT I still want to make everyone feel thought of, we're not expecting money or presents from anyone, we just want everyone to feel that we havn't left them out. My granddad didn't get notice of my cousin's wedding in Malta because she knew he wouldn't be able to make it and it really hurt him.

I've been speaking with my mum and suggested sending out an announcement type thing, and asking people to think of us at that time and to have a drink in our honor and that we'll be thinking of all of them. Can anyone help with a way of wording such a thing? or a better suggestion?

Also do you think it a good idea to send out a card out after the wedding with a photo on it saying along the lines of 'we had a great day, thank you for your thought's and prayers .........??????????'

Thanks

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH