SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vistajpdf

DH and SD had a talk tonight.

vistajpdf
16 years ago

Well, I'm under major stress w/ money issues - borrowing from Peter to pay Paul on prop. taxes which have become completely unaffordable here - another issue.

Anyway, I lost it on DH today. Just screamed that he and his grown kids have been a slow bleed on me since I met them. Now, DH works more, but w/o me, we'd have nothing. I don't come from money - far from it (parents still work - mom for me, dad for himself and it's tough work and we always struggled to be middle class). But, because of DH and his X raking each other over the coals, I've had to put everything in my name. Sound good? Well, it isn't. I'm so overextended and now working 3 days/week since we had our "surprise" third child 3 years ago. That fire I've spoken of leaves me w/ an office in shambles - we operate out of it on the second floor (it was a beautiful place and now barely is acceptable), but I have an entire 1st floor gutted and waiting for $ to fix it which could be big rental $.

Anyway, I complained to DH about his kids' cars, lifestyles, luxuries, you name it. Yelled that we'd never get anywhere 'cause these adults can't stand on their own two feet. Yelled about being stuck for his son's student loan to the tune of $24K. Yelled that the idiot shouldn't have been allowed to transfer colleges (to a private one - Univ. of Miami - which is so expensive.) Yelled that I was contemplating putting our sons in public schools (scary here, really scary as we rank ~49th in the US) while his kids not only attended private school, but the most expensive prep school in the county. I was overstressed and my back's against the wall so it all came out. He was planning to go out w/ SD tonight anyway, per the therapist, so I gave a little, "Maybe you both can look for a place - I'm sick of the slow but steady drain you've all done to the business..I need to just sell, cut my losses and move on!"

He returned from dinner and said that she was planning on moving in w/ her friend, paying her rent as the friend wanted to buy something. He said to consider our rental. I said, "Oh you don't want her paying rent to her friend but want her to pay it to us? Like we'd ever see it!" He said, "It's better than paying her friend's mtg. off!" So, she's calling her sister to see if the three of them can live together. Sounds like she wants to leave here anyway from what I gathered.

Anyway, I don't have complete confidence that anything will happen soon, but at least there is some communication about the subject. I'm really wondering if she took it as more of a "tell me where you're at, no rush to leave us.." I said, "Put the house in THEIR names, let them get Homestead Exemption 'cause I'm being killed on these taxes!" I wouldn't do that most likely, but right now, I'm so stressed w/ the pressure all on my name to make ends meet.

May take a few sleeping pills (nothing heavy, just Unisom to help me relax) and wake up tomorrow w/ the way I feel right now...

Dana

Comments (2)