SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vistajpdf

Adult SD, move out date, DH stalling, etc.

vistajpdf
17 years ago

I posted once about the situation a few weeks ago. Since then, we've all been coexisting fairly well w/ SD making a few small attempts to help out on the weekend as well as finishing her laundry!

However, last week, she missed Th and F of work being sick. She waited for me to come home to make dinner (as I still do each night, regardless of my work schedule which is 3 fairly long days/week), talked about sports to DH as I put the kids to bed, etc. I was getting ready myself for bed late Friday night when I heard him say, "Why don't you just go to bed here? You aren't feeling well and don't need to be driving around - just go to sleep and get some rest."

She didn't know I was w/in earshot and yelled at him: "THOSE KIDS WAKE ME UP EVERY WEEKEND MORNING WHEN I CAN SLEEP IN - KARA (friend) SLEEPS TIL NOON SO I CAN TOO! AT LEAST I CAN GET SOME REST!"

DH said nothing more and neither knew I heard the outburst, but though it was probably true, I thought it was the perfect time for DH to encourage her to MOVE OUT!

I've done my best trying to keep the boys quiet while she sleeps in on weekends. These days, we're usually out the door before 9 am for baseball and don't return for hours, so she could sleep as long as she wanted.

But, on the other hand, I'm furious that I even have to continually try to keep the kids quiet IN THEIR OWN HOME and that I'm always stressed out, shushing them, not allowing them to put on the TV. The house has high ceilings and the TV can be heard from all over, so I've always been sensitive to that. But, now that we're onto our 6th m. w/ her in the house, it's just so unsettling for me.

DH has yet to tell her of my deadline to be out by the end of July. If I do it, I'm the wicked stepmonster. If I wait on him, will it ever be done? Is there a tactful way for me to approach this? I was close to yelling right back after her outburst that she could EASILY solve her problem and sleep all day or all weekend long by GETTING HER OWN PLACE!

Help!

Dana

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County