SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
althetrainer

Done worrying about DH, time to talk about little man's lunch

althetrainer
14 years ago

Oh our little guy is much easier to feed compared to his dad. He likes healthy food in general and I am very proud of him! :-)

Little man loves fish and his new found love is canned sardines in tomato sauce. For the entire holiday season, I used canned sardines at least once a day in his meal and he loved it.

School has just started today and he asked for canned sardines for lunch. Not that I didn't want him to eat sardines at school, but I remember an unpleasant experience of his last year.

When little man was in grade 2, I made him canned tuna sandwich for lunch. He loved it until one day he refused to have any more. I found out, one of his friends started telling him that he had fish breath. Then other kids in his class began to say the same thing to him. Well, not so much a gang-up thing, but a spread-out thing. He was very sad so tuna sandwich was off his lunch menu for a few months.

Now, the idea of taking canned sardines for lunch worries me. He wants sardines on bread! Personally I think canned sardines have much stronger smell compared to tuna. I know he should be able to eat whatever he likes. On the other hand, I worry that he will be sad because his friends will start calling him bad breath again.

Is there a way to prepare the canned stuff and make it less smelly? I don't like cold sardines but I am afraid if the food is put in a microwave the smell will be even more pungent.

Al

Comments (19)