SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dilly_ny_gw

Help me with Blue dining room / mahogany furniture

dilly_ny
10 years ago

Hi GW. I was hoping you could give me some ideas to decorate my dining room. We recently installed wainscoting and opened up the staircase on the DR side. We want a tradition dining room. We recently painted the room an icy blue and intended to use grey window treatments and silver accents (mirror, centerpiece, etc.).

There are 4 problems. 1) grey colored window treatments are too modern for the look i want; 2) After painting the room blue, I bought a vintage mahogany dining room set. The chairs are upholstery in a cranberry with gold fabric. I am open to reupholstering the chairs, but they are newly upholstered and in good shape. 3) I really like my gold leaf mirror and decided to keep it. 4) now that the room is open to the staircase, it seems to me that the DR paint color should also continue into the foyer and up the stairs.

The living room is on the other side of the foyer and is painted Sherin Williams 6387 Compatible Cream color (a golden yellow). I love the warmth of the color but DH doesn't want it in the LR, DR, foyer and staircase. He thinks its too much of the same color.

So I ask you, how can I make this DR a gorgeous, traditional room? work with the blue paint? Or do I choose a different color? What about window treatment (one single window in the room). Table cloth and centerpiece idea? I don't want flowers.

Thanks for you help. Ill attach some pictures of the room.

Comments (17)