SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebay_gw

would love some photoshopping

bluebay
15 years ago

I know you're all busy, but if anyone has a spare moment to photoshop my home I would be eternally grateful.

The photos show the rooms with the current owner's stuff. I will be painting the moment she moves out and moving in 3 days later, so there will be no time to put paint strips on the wall and contemplate how the light affects them. I'm hoping to choose reasonable colours that will carry me through the next year or two, when I can repaint more at my leisure.

I'm going for an elegant country kind of look, a bit of French provincial but with a lighter colour scheme. Comfortable, cozy, yet graceful. I don't have any major pieces of furniture at the moment that need to be matched; these will be purchased later this year. I plan on buying neutral pieces. I know, I know, I should buy furniture first and paint later, but logistics prevent that at this moment. I've got 5 little ones and prefer to paint BEFORE we move in.

I'm dreaming of a green for the living room...not sure if a cool or warm green would be better. The kitchen cabinets need to be painted too. Should I redo the white or perhaps go for a robin's egg blue? I'm open to all suggestions. The areas are all open to one another, but it might be good to define them with different shades.

Also, I'm not sure how much light the place gets. The current owner keeps the blinds down, so it does seem a bit shady right now. Also, the floor and ceiling is very dark. Would green be too dark?

I can't seem to size the photos properly to post them here, so I've included a link.

I would appreciate any help at all!! If you don't have time to photoshop, just a few words of advice would be great.

Here is a link that might be useful: my new home

Comments (2)