SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vistajpdf

Round 1 goes to Dana?

vistajpdf
17 years ago

DH went back to the therapist last night. I haven't had much of a chance to speak about it, but I think the Dr. somewhat told him it was time for the 24 DD to get her own place...all he said was, "I guess I need to speak to her about finding a place. The Dr. wanted me to negotiate a time table with you - maybe you could compromise a bit on that...."

Well, my gut reaction was one of feeling victorious. Second reaction was one of, "Compromise? Your 3-4 mo. have turned into SIX and I said I'd give her til the end of July which makes it over EIGHT months - don't ask me for more!" My latest reaction is, "Her mother is nuts. Things have improved. Yes, I'm largely uncomfortable in my house - don't kwow what to expect, which mood she'll come home in, but it's better than it was...I would think it was awful if I was looking at this from the outside that we have this large house and are asking her to move!" I'm torturing myself. And, I'm a wimp. So, if DH has a talk w/ her and she erupts or comes to me crying, I KNOW I'll completely back down and say, "Oh don't worry about a thing - you can stay here as long as you want..." That's how crazy I am...

I just wish DH had been honest from the start. I really wish he hadn't lied about the timeline and had told me that this was indefinite. I would have had less trouble laying down my law at that stage, but since it was just for a few months, I didn't feel right about saying anything about bills, meals, cleaning, etc. as I viewed her as a temporary houseguest.

Anyway, send us some positive vibes please. I'm suddenly very conflicted. Guess I could reread my earlier posts and be reminded of why I want her to go out on her own, but when I'm feeling pretty good about our relationship, I don't want to go back!

Dana

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES