SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Layout down to the nitty gritty. No major changes please

ontariomom
10 years ago

Hi all,

Well we have settled on our kitchen layout and are now trying to make the final decisions as to width of drawers, placement of trash, etc. We have gone through probably 50 different layouts over I'm guessing two years and have brought various versions of this kitchen to the kind and helpful forum members. We are happy where the major components of the kitchen are located on this plan and are grateful for all the help we received to get to this point. We would now like to send out our plan to some cabinet makers to have them quote on it. Before we do that, please let us know if you see any MINOR tweaks or changes that you would make.

Please note, we cannot handle any major changes at this point. So if you look at this layout and think" egads, poor sod I would start from scratch here or move everything around can you please resist letting us know? I know it might be tempting to tell us one big island would be better, but we have tried that and don't want it for various reasons. We are happy with the flow of the kitchen and don't wish to close up any of the entrances or exits in this room as kindly suggested before. Also, having the fridge behind the prep area and cooking area has been well thought out. We will have a second fridge in a closet in the dining room where I will put snack foods and beverages which will minimize family traffic into the main fridge. There will also be snack foods in this same dining room closet. The dining room is an everyday room that we eat at daily.

So with that preamble, please let me know if you have any comments relating to minor adjustments. Our family of 6 is dying to move forward and actually build this kitchen.

Elevation picture of outside wall:

Thanks!

Carol

Comments (36)