SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellahans_gw

Living Room Decorating Help, Sofa / Sectional advice needed! Pic

ellahans
11 years ago

Hello! I am longtime lurker and first time poster.

Here are multiple photos of my almost-complete living room. I am awaiting delivery of a leather armchair and a 36" square coffee table. I am also having shelves built into the media niche on Monday - but that is neither here nor there!

The real issue is the sectional. I got a great deal by purchasing the floor model. However, I now think I should have gone with a sofa and loveseat instead. It would have cost a little more, but perhaps it would have been worth it. I think the store will take this sectional back as long as I custom order a more expensive relacement.

This sectional is smallish (98" X 110"), slightly greenish, and it's not as comfy and inviting looking as I would like this space to be. (I do plan to change out the throw pillow covers if I keep it.)

Does this sectional not look quite right, or is this just a bad case of buyer's remorse? Would a sofa and loveseat fill out the space better?

If you vote for the sofa / loveseat: color, style and placement suggestions are welcome.

The room is 18.5' X 15.5'. It serves as a family room and living room for a family of 4. We have no other communal space (other than the kitchen). So we watch TV, play, read, and entertain all in this space.

Sigh. Thanks so much in advance. And sorry so long!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)