SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamar_422

Apology to Bitter Ex-Wives

tamar_422
17 years ago

I just read my last contribution to the Weddings of Children of Divorce thread, and I am sorry. I sound so self-serving.

It does get a little frustating to come here for support and get an earful about how awful stepmoms are. Like I said, there are a few out there that are, but most of us here aren't that bad.

But I am an ex-wife, also, who got the raw end of the deal. Maybe I am lucky in that my ex really isn't a factor in our lives, and that I now have a very loving and supportive DH who treats my children like his own. I haven't allowed my past unhappiness to detract from my current life, but I shouldn't let my current happiness make me less sympathetic to women who have been dealt a poor hand.

I totally believe in the golden rule, as well as karma. In the end, everyone gets what they deserve. TOW who have helped break up marriages and destroy families will end up with their own misery, eventually, along with that prize of a husband they have landed. What woman with any common sense wants a man who would cheat? Because that is his character, and it can't be changed.

I am sorry to you ladies, and your children, who have had to go through that. I will try hard not to be too judgmental of your comments about terrible SMs. But maybe you could just post about your specific terrible SM or GF, and not generalize about all of us.

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County