SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mldao

Desperately need paint advice (pic included)

mldao
15 years ago

Hi,

I posted this in the paint forum and haven't received any replies. I desperately need help!!! I have a small PR with orange peel textured walls. It was poorly painted 7 months ago by a very lazy and sloppy painter (money down the toilet). The paint was bubbling in a few areas along with major drip lines. I tried to pick and smooth a few of the drips and in doing so the paint came peeling off. He obviously did not prep or prime the walls and painted right over the faux finish and the paint didn't adhere. I now have large patches of peeled paint and I'm not sure what I can do to blend the patchy areas. A neighbor suggested using very fine sandpaper to blend the areas but this just made it worse. The walls have an orange peel texture and sanding only smoothed the orange peel. I'm trying to avoid having to remove all of the paint and re-texturing each wall. Is it possible to put enough layers of primer on to blend the walls? There's at least 6 layers of paint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)