SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annachosaknj6b

ready to buy sinks and need advice

annachosaknj6b
12 years ago

I have two Ticor S505s in my cart at Galaxy:

http://www.galaxytoolsupply.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=S505&CartID=1

Another thread about sinks mentioned that the drain assemblies that come with them are not very good and to get Kohler ones instead. Is that something I just pick up at the Despot? Do sizes vary or are they standard? If I were going to install batch feed disposals by Waste King in addition, is that something to take into consideration before purchasing either sink or drain assembly?

Second question: For those of you who remember my layout with the sink next to the window, I'm ordering a 21" undermount sink (exterior width of 23") to go into a 27" base cab. My idea was that we could scoot the one next to the window over by a few inches away from the window. I realize it's not aesthetically optimal but I can live with that. Is this even possible? The GC seemed to think that the plumbing would have to be moved to accommodate this. Can't they just add pieces to the drain pipe and supply hoses to accommodate? The drain pipe and supply pipes are already plumbed so I don't want to move them. But seriously, we're talking a few INCHES here. I don't see why it's such a big deal and I couldn't get an answer that made sense to me.

If we were able to do this, should we offset the faucet so that it lines up with the center of the sink cab doors?

Any ideas much appreciated!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!