SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
positano_gw

Help me decide what liner/moulding to use for my backsplash

positano
14 years ago

So, here are the details.

I have Costa Esmeralda countertops and cream cabinets. I am definitely putting in sonoma stellar krazy(it's a nice cream) crackle in 2x6. Behind my 30 inch range I am doing a 20x22 size feature of 1x2 herringbone in the same color crackle.

I need help deciding what to frame it with.

Here is my kitchen

From kitchen april 20010
From kitchen april 20010
From herringbone

My first choice was just a liner like nvdweb used. This is the exact same tile that I am using. But my herringbone pattern will be smaller(1x2). I like how she used the full size tiles, but I only have a 30 inch range. Not really enough room to show the pattern.

From herringbone

mamadadapaige used a simple stick liner too. I like how nvdweb's is a little raised though.

From herringbone

Or frame it out with something like Jbrodie used. Dh likes this one and so does the gal at the tile shop. I'm not sure if it would be too much for my small space. I want to see a little interest behind the range, but I don't want it to be all you see.

From herringbone

Which do you like to go with the small herringbone pattern? I ordered the bigger moulding yesterday, but had second thoughts and told her to put the order on hold. My gut is saying to go with the first choice like nvdweb.

I need some other opinions.....please and thank you!

Comments (7)