SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tc44

Final Reveal (Kitchen Complete!); Lots of Pics and details

TC44
12 years ago

First I would really like to thank everyone on this site. I have got lots of ideas and inspiration throughout the process from all of you. I am not sure how common this is, but I am the husband and picked pretty much everything in the kitchen :) My wife isn't much of a shopper and prefers to take the 'stamp of approval' role!

The house is 13 years old. We have been in the house for almost 3 years now and have done quite a bit of work (ie: blinds throughout, adding the LedgeStone fireplace in the family room, railing in main stairway, paint, adding all of the mouldings, .....). The kitchen just didn't fit and had to be done to match the rest of the house!

We still need to pick some stools and a light fixture, and decide whether or not to add curtains to the french doors, but the kitchen itself is complete! I have posted a few before pics and a bunch of after pics.

Details:

Ceiling: 9 Feet.

Floor: 3 1/4" x 3/4" solid Maple hardwood (pre-finished natural satin finish); tied it in with existing hardwood on main floor (previously had lino; there is much better flow now without any transitions).

Cabinets: Espresso stained Maple, shaker style doors. 42" tall, 12" deep, 4" crown. Plywood boxes, BluMotion hinges, soft-close on everything, under sink pull-out garbage and recycling.

Hardware: 8" rods on lowers, 11" on uppers, 22" around fridge.

Granite: Giallo Imperial (it is the same as some of the lighter New Venetian Gold I have seen)

Backsplash: 2 x 12" glass tiles. Desert Color; Bamboo series from Bellavita Tile. Matching 3" squares behind range.

*Expensive at $25 sq/ft, but I chose it becaused I thought it was subtle, yet interesting with the shine and backpainted textured lines you can see when standing close to the tile.

Sink: Provence single bowl, zero radius; 32" x 19"; 16 gauge (got it on eBay for $200 !).

Faucet: Kraus with pull-down sprayer

Appliances:

Range--KitchenAid 36" Commercial Style Dual-Fuel; 6 burners

Fridge--KitchenAid 72" Pro-Line counter-depth (22 Cu.Ft), water inside door

Wine Fridge--KitchenAid 46 bottle capacity

Range Hood: 36" Faber Pro-Magnum (600 cfm)

**I would NEVER have considered a 36" range before looking at all of the amazing pics on this site. After that 30" just looked so small (even though I have never been around anything but a 30" and we didn't need it, I had to have it :) So in a way, this site cost me a fair bit of money!

KITCHEN BEFORE

BAR BEFORE

DOORS BEFORE

FROM FAMILY ROOM 1

DOORS

FROM FAMILY ROOM 2

RANGE

WINDOW

PENINSULA

DISHWASHER

SINK

MICROWAVE

TO FAMILY ROOM

BAR 1

BAR 2

ACCESS FROM LIVING ROOM

EVENING

LIGHT FIXTURE?

Wondering how people feel about a fixture something like this for over the table?

Thanks again!

Cheers.

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz