SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fabbric

Kitchen Layout help - urgent

fabbric
13 years ago

Hi...I'm in dire straits with my kitchen layout, in particular with my windows.

We are flexible with the gas and plumbing. The island is planned 4' x 8' and on the end toward the DR I was thinking of making a raised attached china cabinet. I have a 36" Wolf gas cooktop, 30" Electrolux oven, MW going over top of the oven, Miele Excella fully integrated DW going into the island and still trying to pick out a fridge (probably KA 36" CD or built-in). Countertops will be soapstone or granite, cabinets Shaker-style maple (medium stain) and the kitchen is completely open to the living areas. We have no eating nook but will use the island for casual eating. We entertain a lot and have lots of family, friends, kids over frequently.

On the long wall, you can see where the windows currently are. I was thinking of putting windows in between the uppers and the countertop. DH wants to remove the windows altogether. Would that look silly? I can move the oven to the end and maybe make a pantry wall by the fridge so there's more space for windows instead of a backsplash.

My brain is absolutely overloaded so I apologise if this is a somewahat disjointed post.

I'm open to any and all suggestions as my cabinetmaker needs to start by this weekend.

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Layout

Comments (15)