SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

URGENT help needed with layout!!!

cj47
14 years ago

After all the work done to get the layout I liked, it's not going to work because, for a variety of reasons (valid ones, mind you) the window has to move. :-( I should have seen this coming, but alas, I didn't--and neither did anyone else, so here I am. The guys are outside RIGHT NOW framing my addition, and the window has to be where the window has to be. So...here's my layout. The window and sink have to be where they are. The old placement of the fridge and the dishwasher are no longer going to work, so I deleted them and left that space open for suggestions. I need to place a refrigerator and a dishwasher in this space so that it looks good and the door doesn't open into my prep space, and I need an upper somewhere to store glasses and cups. I'm going to place a coffee area wherever it makes sense. I had hoped to put a full height 15 inch cab along the wall next to the door, but we'll have to see where the door ends up. I may need to add a prep sink to the island, though I had sort of hoped not to. I have moved things around some, but each iteration has problems, and I'm out of ideas at the moment. The door can move up or down the wall as needed, but that's a door to the backyard and it needs to be on that wall somewhere.

Oh, I have to get it right for sure by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Did I mention I'm upset? LOL, yeah. I am not sure that I laid in a sufficient supply of wine.

For those who care to read further, the ceiling is going to be vaulted 11 feet, and there are going to be trapeziod shaped windows up there, and the window needs to be centered below them to give it a balanced look. Right? I wish I could make the software do those windows but it won't.

Thanks for any and all suggestions, and my heartfelt gratitude that those preparing for holiday celebrations take time to give me a hand with this.

Thank you, thank you.

Cj47, panicking.

Comments (10)