SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

My hard hat - and roses

paintingfool
14 years ago

I just posted this on my blog but in case you havn't visited me over there I will share it here. We had a really terrible hurricane in 2004 named Ivan. It destroyed about 80% of the building where I worked. Anytime we had to enter the building we had to wear hard hats - which was really gross for me to wear one that had been on someone's sweaty head. So I asked for a new one and they were so nice to give me one. The very first day I had it one of the construction workers asked to borrow it. I removed the foam off the band so it would be easy to clean and sanitize when I got it back. Then I took it home and painted it. It turned out cute and there wasn't another one like it on the military base. And, the guys didn't ask to borrow it again either!! Can't imagine why!

Anyway, I was cleaning off a shelf and there was my hard hat. It was given to me after living through 18 months of torment trying to get our building back together. It was so bad I retired three months after re-opening. Thought you would like to see it.

B
{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)