SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Is my Stepdaughter a bully?

imamommy
16 years ago

After school yesterday, my stepdaughter came to me and said she had to tell me something. She started rambling on about a girl at school that wanted to beat her up and that she was crying at school. I was having trouble understanding her, so I told her to write down what happened.

She wrote:

Kamryn threatens a lot of people and said that I got a gang that said I hate Kamron and I didn't. The names of the girls in the gang is Lauryn b., Madison, Jayse and Kamron and their saying "ob burn" and licked their finger and touched their butt (making a sizzle sound). I got a gang to make her be nice because she threatened me and other people. They made me cry. They were walking up to me like they're gonna kill me and i was playing with Emily and Callie C. and I yelled run!

So, after reading SD's version, I called the teacher & also talked to the Principal. Then I talked to Kamryn's mother. Of course, her mom starts out with 'my daughter would NEVER' so I didn't want it to get confrontational or accusatory but told her I just wanted her side so we can talk to SD about it. The version I got from Kamryn's mom is that a bunch of kids at school started telling Kamryn that my SD had started a "I hate Kamryn club" and Kamryn got upset and started crying. She told the teacher and said she didn't know why SD would do that. When the teacher confronted SD, that is when SD started crying, because she was in trouble. SD denied everything but then admitted it to one of the teachers. (This girl is also someone SD liked as a friend at the beginning of school and went over to her house to play)

Then I let SD know that we were going to talk to her when dad got home. I let her know that I've talked to the school and the other girls mom and we want to get to the truth.

When DH got home, we sat down with her and she repeated her story to her dad. She started out saying that the other girl is mean to everyone, she's in the top five bullies in school. (she was trying to justify why she got her group of girls together, but we told her that she should have gone to a teacher or us if she was being picked on) We asked what she's done to her and she said that Kamryn told SD's friend she was going to pin her against the fence and that she was kicking SD's friend in the shins. (she tries to justify that she's defending her best friend in the whole world) Then, SD said she only got a group of girls together to 'make' Kamryn be nice.

My opinion of the whole situation is that SD wanted to be friends with Kamryn. At the beginning of school, she went to Kamryn's house to play but a few days later, some of Kamryn's other friends told her they or Kamryn didn't like SD. Kamryn & her other friends have been in school together since Kindergarten & SD was the new girl in school. She was also having adjustment/behavior problems when she first got there because she was so upset about her mom leaving. She's had a hard time making friends, even at her last school As I've said before, she doesn't have great social skills. I think that she decided if Kamryn wasn't going to be her friend, she has to be her enemy and that SD was picking on Kamryn for not being her friend.

Does that make her the bully? I've tried so hard this year to help SD make a few friends. It's upsetting that she might be seen as a troublemaker or bully by a lot of the other kids. It seems that the majority of kids didn't like what she was doing and that is why they all told Kamryn. They thought SD was being mean. Any thoughts or advice?

PS. DH had SD write a letter to apologize to Kamryn.

Comments (3)