SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mominjersey

Husband having problems with my kids after his 1st child is born

mominjersey
15 years ago

My husband of 18 months (lived together for 3 years) told me last night that he is having problems adjusting to my 13 and 12 year old sons. We have lived with him for 3 years and only had a few minor, expected bumps that were quickly resolved. Our first child together (and his first) was born in December. After she was born, his relationship took a different turn with the boys. He says things like the boys are costing him a fortune (which they aren't, I receive almost $1,000.00 a month in support from their Dad), and things like "if the boys weren't here, we'd have more space to have more children, now I can only have one child". I constantly point it out that my children are of no burden to him, I pay for all of the groceries, their clothings, activities, etc. They visit with their Dad 3 days a week, but no overnights. The only thing that he has to do is provide a roof over their heads, but would still have the same mortgage if we left tomorrow. I seriously am considering leaving my Husband if his attitude continues, because I know my children are feeling this, and they have been through enough with their bio. Dad. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Comments (5)