SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emagineer

The 1950s and ranches

emagineer
17 years ago

This forum has me meloncholy....there are so many things shared here that remind me of houses lived in and to search more regarding the lifestyle as well as the past regarding my current home.

Am wondering who has a ranch style and or 50s built homes. There is little information regarding their plans and how remodeling has changed them. Most info relates to the atomic age and more modern ranches. Would like to see some pics of your homes and how you have changed them. Mine is a single level ranch, as rectangular as one can get, shingled siding, large front window, 1100 sq. ft.

At some point I am going to order books on such, but for now my house upgrading is taking the time once used for settling in with a good book.

Many of you live in cottage styles. Looking back at the home I lived in when a teenager, I never dreamed it would come full circle. I spent far too long in big houses, but now have a deep appreciation for my childhood homes. As a child I thought anyone living in the cottages, similar to most of the pics posted, were "rich".

Sandy in Colorado

Comments (13)