SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saypoint

bedroom and bath suggestions

I've posted my BR before in ref to hating my dresser, but this is a more general cry for help, LOL.
The master bath is painted Nantucket Gray (BM), and I like the color, though if my &%@# floor tile weren't PINK BEIGE I'd be happier. There is usually a large fluffy white rug in front of the vanity, anything more colorful or geometric points up that the floor slopes.

The bedroom is currently BM Gray Wisp, but it's too blue, I was wanting a blue green, not blue-green gray.
I'm considering repainting the BR in the Nantucket Gray, but my biggest problem (well, with the decor anyway) is that I'm sick to death of the colonial look. The case goods are 15 yr. old factory outlet purchases, good quality but not what I really want. The bed is from Leonard's, it's staying. The drapes are green silk, heavily lined, and have an unfortunate band of print fabric on one edge in green/yellow/russet. Long story. Probably will go as well in favor of something lighter and less formal.
I have a painted chest I might be able to use in place of the dresser, but will need to find something to replace the chest on chest.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to take this room from dowdy colonial to something more cottage or country or beachy, I'd love to hear them. The room looks larger in these pics than IRL.

Comments (18)