SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apetz

Need basement pool/guest bedroom/living area shared bath solution

apetz
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello, we just started construction of our new home! We are not planning to completely finish out the entire basement, only the bathrooms for now. Our kids our young, but our future plan is to make a living/hangout space as the kids get older, and possibly add a pool in the next few years. I want a bathroom with direct outdoor access since we are building on a sloped lot, and harder to get back upstairs if we are out back. Also, future pool is in mind so it avoids traipsing through living space to get to a restroom if wet. My issue is with the 2 back to back bathrooms. The architect suggested and I thought it was fine, but now that we've broken ground I don't like the closet going into the future living room space because that seems like prime space for furniture/tv, so don't want closet doors smack in the center. Also, double of everything just seems like wasted expense on a space that gets limited use.

Any way you all can think of to make this one bathtub, one stool, one sink, but still work as the bathroom for anyone in the main living area too? I'm attaching our building plans for that area, and then one where I took out the closet and extras and it's basically empty long and narrow. I would like a big closet somewhere. Do I need access directly to bedroom or is hallway sufficient to take out the extra door? THANK YOU in advance for any suggestions.

Comments (2)