SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotz_gw

For Step Moms only

dotz_gw
16 years ago

My head is reeling from all the animosity from the other threads( I m sure you know the ones I m referring to) SO clean start..I have noticed people are revealing more of themselves as they have been defending themselves and I think thats a good thing too..Great potential to help each other here, on step parenting, and the other detritus from our lives, to, not related to step parenting...Now, serenity, I understand you are an adult step.You have posted about step parents forcing a choice , making you feel almost like a death......You know, I think I feel my adult step feels that way, that his dad made a choice, but in my heart, I dont feel its anywhere near the truth, and they are estranged, and I d do anything I could to get them back together..this involved money my husband and I were asked for, and since my DH was off work for 7 months, we couldnt give it, and we have gone dowmhill from there...I ve asked my DH if I can call him for the 2 of us to go to lunch and talk it out, DH says no...I asked him to call and the 2 of them can try to patch it up, he says son should call him, he hasnt done anything(meaning question asked and answered, didnt have the money, couldnt give it to you...)I ve bought 3 books on Estrangement(got them yesterday),but in the meantime, opposite side of the coin please, from your perspective...I never wanted dad to choose him over me, but I feel thats what it feels like to HIM.....

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations