SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_wisconsin

Ideas for Displaying our Son's Senior Pictures

jan_in_wisconsin
12 years ago

Hi all,

Our oldest son just had his senior pictures taken. We've ordered an 11" x 14" framed, an 8" x 10", and a few 5" x 7"s. I'm just stumped as to where to where and how to display them. We have a photo wall with frames (a lot - over 20 of them) waiting to be filled in our upstairs hallway, which is open to the office loft area. I held off putting photos in them until we get the senior pictures.

Another option would be on the wall ascending the stairway, which is located near our front entry.

Or, we could put them in our living room somehow, but they just seem like they would be out of place with the rest of the decor.

Not all of the photos necessarily have to be hung (could be kept in albums), or hung together. We also ordered a photo album with an assortment of pictures and poses (5" x 7"), wallets for friends and family, etc.

My mom thinks I'm nuts if I don't display the picture(s) (at least the framed 11" x 14") prominently in our living room. But . . . the only wall space left is the long wall above our sofa or on the same wall, an area near the fireplace seating.

We also have a younger boy, age 10. So, I'd like to balance to include pictures of him as well.

Curious about your thoughts. Right now, I'm leaning toward the stairway and upstairs picture wall. But is the upstairs hallway too removed from our main living area?

Jan

Comments (15)