SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmarcel

Countertop decision -- please help!

Karen Marcely
14 years ago

I wrote on this a few weeks back, then decided to put the whole project on hold, except the granite I want for my island is now 10% off!

My dilema. I have cream color cabinets around the perimeter and a black color cabinet for my island. I picked out Sienna granite for my island and was going to do a laminate around the perimeter. The Sienna granite is a beige, some lights reds and specs of black. It's a very pricey granite with alot of movement. I thought I would make my island a "show piece" and do a less expensive countertop that would not compete but compliment the granite.

So yesterday I put a deposit on the granite. I love this granite and now I'm fretting that I am going to wish I did the whole kitchen with it! What if I can't find a countertop that goes well with it? My kitchen is not really big, but is open to a dining room. My concerns about the granite is because it's light and we are big coffee drinkers, my husbands sloppy, will I have coffee stains? Other concern, even though the granite is beigy, brown, soft colors does have alot of movement, will it be too much? Will I not love it as much if it's all throughout the kitchen??

Does anyone have different countertops on their island and perimeter? If so what? Are you happy with it?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville