SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

I need help!! and outside perspective

mom_of_4
16 years ago

So, I posted the other day about numerous new issues with BM one of them being the middle sons bday upcoming. BM called the other day wanting to know about DH splitting the cost of going to Adventure Landing for sons bday. DH told BM months ago a new plan would have to be made other than adventure landing which is incredibly expensive. So, he repeated this to her on the phone. BM blew up and told him if he can't pitch in he can't come. DH told her he can't give her money he doesnt have...etc etc. Anyways, she ended up hanging up on him. He called her back later and suggested that they meet and have the bday party at a park (we have several very nice ones here) Well, she never responded not one word. Now, his bday is a week away. DH and I looked up the paperwork and regardless we get son for bday...not only is it our weekend but our year to have kids on bdays. So, we started to plan a party for him. Well, BM calls last night to ask about picking kids up that sat evening. DH was a little thrown off and said well we were planning to throw him a bday party that day. BM said what your not going to come to his party... DH asked what do you mean you didnt respond and you didnt want me there. BM said she never said that DH told her yes you did and I am not going to argue with you about it. DH then asked well what are your plans... BM said I don't know whatever I can swing chuckie cheese or the park. Dh said I don't know I will get back with you.

Now here is the thing... DH said later in the night... we are keeping the kids I am going to tell her that she can get them on sunday (which happens to be his real birthday).

Here is my feeling... all of the years past we have managed to have everyone together at the bday parties which I always felt made the kids happier and more stable feeling ...everyone can get together for at least important stuff. But, it looked like this year that was not going to happen because of BM and I was going for well let's make the best of it. Now, it feels like we are the ones not making it happen. I mean I know that this is last minute with BM and she doesnt even have definate plans and DH feels like she just threw that out there after he said well we are planning a bday party for him. But, I don't know what the right answer is. It was really bothering me last night. Should we just stay with his plan and our plan of a party or should we try and work it out with BM and just deal with her and all of the nonsense that comes with that. I mean maybe now is the time to start seperate birthdays especially with the way things have been going lately ... maybe it would allow everyone to enjoy themselves better... or is it just the grown ups being selfish and it would be better for the kids to have everyone there?????

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville