SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

A Shout-Out to Buehl and more........

ladyamity
13 years ago

Dearest Buehl,

I didn't want another day to go by without getting on here and saying a huge THANK YOU to you for your time, your trouble and your patience in helping me with my kitchen.

We had some trouble after the Verizon Fiber Optic line was accidentally cut.

No, I didn't do it. :) The Electricians did it and didn't realize where that line went for a couple days.

So for the first few days me, son #1 and son #2 were driving ourselves bonkers trying to dx problem with the computers in the house.

One and a half days later, FINALLY realizing it was not a virus, it took Verizon Fios (?) several more days for our appointment to get it all up and running again.

It was then that I saw your last post to me, about the measurements! *eeeek*

So I went back to the drawing board and even went through 7 sheets of graph paper in my quest to get it right. lol

If it weren't for that post, and your previous drawing and questions (A, B, C, ....), I still would be scratching my head and no further than I was when I made my first post/question about my kitchen.

Since it is DIY, it's going VERY slowly as the Mr. works 6 days a week now that summer is starting.

I'm working with two different folks who bought homes and didn't like the brand new cabs that had been installed to sell the homes. So they've pulled the cabs out.

One person has the cabs wrapped in plastic on their back patio and the other person has their cabs not wrapped but stacked in their garage.

I've seen the ones in the garage and yes, they are brand new!

I learned about what to look for as far as cabs, right here on this forum and I'm soooo grateful for everyones advice in their posts.

The runners on the drawers have the ball bearings (?) and the drawer frames themselves are put together with those cut-outs at the corners (forgot what they are called).

The shelves are plywood covered in what looks like laminate ? except the very back edges and that's how I knew the shelves were plywood.

Decent quality for the price.

The color isn't something that would be my first choice but when you are working with our budget, beggers can't be too picky. :)

Something tells me I'll be back when it comes to colors of cabs vs what to put on the floor and counter tops. You've all been warned. :) LOL

We are just waiting for them to get the paperwork so they can give us the exact name of the cabs so we can call the place cabs were purchased to see if we can add on that 12" cookie sheet cab at the end of our run.

This novel.....all this to say THANK YOU for everything...means more than you know.

Comments (3)