SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

NYE Issue with Holiday Inn--not sf related

helpwiththis
15 years ago

This is an issue I am having with a Holiday Inn hotel and was hoping you girls could give me some advice.

We decided to take the girls to a NYE party at a Holiday Inn Hotel near us. We also had friends that wanted to go. I made the reservations with my creditcard. Then I found out that a different Holiday Inn was having a better NYE party and they had a nicer facility. So I cancelled my reservations early enough where I would not lose any money.

I then made the reservations at the better Holiday Inn. I was told they required payment upon booking since it was for NYE. So I paid for all 3 rooms on my debit card over the phone (and got reinbursed by my 2 friends from their rooms).

Anyways the day b4 check in I called the 800 # to get the check-in time. I said the town the hotel was in and our last name. They then told me I had no reservations and that they had been cancelled. I said no I pre-payed for the rooms, this must be a mistake. So the gal said she would take care of it and then gave me the direct # to the hotel so I could get the check-in time.

I called the hotel directly and they said I had one room reserved. I said this must be a mistake and after 30min of talking they told me to bring my bank statement the following day and they would accommodate me.

So I went there with my bank statement and we got our rooms with no problems. Great time for all of us.

Last night I was online paying bills and checked my bank account and saw that they re-charged me for 2 rooms. And the original Holiday Inn I had cancelled charged me for 4 rooms!!

I called my bank and told them about the problem and they are reversing the charges while they investigate. I also called both Holiday Inns. The one I stayed at are reversing the accidental charges for the 2 rooms. But I have yet got a return call from the other Holiday Inn.

I have left messages for management. I have called a corporate office and was told to call the hotel directly. I called the 800 # where I made the cancellation and new reservations and gotton no help from them!

I am afraid that when my bank finishes investigating I am going to be stuck with the 4 room charges because I think that they redid those reservations instead of placing my new ones and they are going to say it is my problem.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do???????????

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES