SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gg15

ex wife in law

gg15
17 years ago

Can someone please give me some advice? I've been with my husband for about 3 years. He has 2 boys (13 and 7), and I have 2 boys (14 and 10). The kids have been friends for years so blending the families was easy. I'm close to my SS especially the 13yr old since we share custody of him (SS choice). My husband and I have a great relationship with MY ex husband and his GF of 6 yrs. My husband and ex husband get along well and have on occasion, taken all the boys to play golf, eat, whatever. I'm very grateful for that situation b/c of the one we have with BM. It's such a roller coaster. Sometimes she is open and grateful for my help and others, she is the total opposite. She had a question about something that happened at our house that had nothing to do with my husband and everything (she thought) to do with me. She called my husband and he had to call me to even find out what she was talking about. I emailed her with an explanation of what happened and asked her why she didn't just ask me about it directly. This was not an unusual question b/c in the past, we have discussed many issues concerning the kids. Well she emailed back and told me that the issues were with her and my husbands children and for me not to email her again. HMMMMM......Thought about it for about 2 days and got to thinking about how often "her" kids are with me and how often she calls my house or my cell to talk to them. I quickly let my husband know that if that was her attitude, he had 2 choices. He could either inform her that she is not to call my house or cell EVER again, or I could tell her myself when the situation arose (and I knew it would). Sure enough, the next day, she called our house and I saw her # on caller id and picked up, didn't say anything, and hung up. Phone rang again and I did the same thing. I told my husband it was her and he then called her back (from his cell phone), and told her she is not to call our house phone or my cell phone again. She then went off, screaming and cussing about how she knows the kids are with me 90% of the time and if she needed to talk to them "somebody" better answer the phone. My husband explained to her that she had better make sure the 13yr old had his cell phone on him and charged b/c she is not to call my phone again. Is it just me or is she trying to have it both ways? She doesn't want my help with "her" kids but she wants to use me to talk to them if they don't answer their cell phone????? UMMMMM NO! My husband is usually the world's biggest wimp when it comes to her and she is always instigating something. When my husband asked what I wanted him to do, I told him that he should treat her the way she treats me. I am his wife and I'm sick of feeling like he is more concerned about rocking the boat with her than with me. I treat all of our children the same. I will not make "her" kids feel differently when they are with us and I will not label them with the term "step". They are "our" children and I love them all, I just don't know what to do about the ex-wife-in-law or the way my husband lets her treat me.

Comments (16)