SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

My patio furniture is here (finally)!

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

Last month I had posted some questions about what to do with my patio and I wanted to share with you some after pics of what we purchased.

Here are the two sets that we purchased:

This set we bought from Costco which is a combination all-weather wicker and cast aluminum with Sunbrella fabric. We were able to use the umbrella we had purchased earlier in the summer also from Costco.

After much deliberation we decided to go with a wrought iron patio set by Woodard which my friend had recommended to us. Though some commented that wrought iron can rust, my girl friend has had hers out in all weather for 8-years now with no problems. It has a special finish and 15-year warrantee. As it sits under the birch trees it is very nicely shaded in the afternoons by 2PM. The chairs are rockers and very comfy without any cushions which we feel work best since the tree drops leaves and fuzzy stuff. We went with a larger circular table to fit inside the flagstone circle which I had designed and had installed last summer so it's been over one year in the making.

We also were debating how to shade the area by the house which gets the afternoon sun. We haven't really felt the need for an awning yet, though have not ruled it out either (prehaps next summer). I did also purchase a larger sized ceramic urn from Costco where I plan to transplant a dwarf Clementine tree so overtime it's hoped this will provide some shade. It does have a drainage hole in the bottom--which I really don't want a lot of runoff water coming out. I was thinking either plugging it up with some rocks or getting a larger saucer for it to sit in. Which one do you think would be better?

Lastly, here is a picture of what this area looked liked after we'd finished our remodel.

Comments (15)