SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hou5egeek_gw

Need new kitchen help?

hou5egeek
12 years ago

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to join up with a question! We just signed a contract on our house, and I've got to work out the details on the kitchen. We're doing the whole thing pretty cheap, with a goal of upgrading later in life. So we have to choose a vinyl sheet floor,performance plus, from Tarkett, and a formica laminate standard countertop. I've already chosen white thermafoil cabinets, and stainless steel appliances. And I really want the walls or possibly just the insides of cabinets the wallflower yellow from behr, but we wont have glass cabinet doors for a while at least so you wouldn't be able to see them. I'm going to try to attach a moodboard, the house is our house to be, and the big pic kitchen is a pic of a very similar kitchen (except we'll have a corner pantry and its a *touch* larger. And then the smaller pic kitchen is just one that I really like. Ours is too small for an island, but I might try to find a small one that can multipurpose between the dining room and kitchen.

Anyway, I could really use some help with the flooring and countertop, I need something that will go well with the paint color I love, and I'm having a hard time seeing them together...

Also, with the paint, can I just paint the kitchen that yellow or do I have to do the dining room the same?

(sources, cabinets are HomeCrest, fancy kitchen is from HouseBeautiful, Color is Wallflower from Behr, House is pic from trulia that I photoshopped with correct colors, house kitchen is from trulia home with similar floor plan)

Thank you!!

Comments (9)