SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_2_4_gw

BM Again - any advice?

mom_2_4
20 years ago

Hello all! Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!

Well, the holidays have passed and we got through our first set of visitations under the new custody agreement.

I had warned my SD that her mom would probably try to seek custody again ...and that BM would also try to talk my SD into moving over there while SD was visiting. I was right on both counts. BM told my SD that she plans on filing for custody and tried her darndest to get SD to agree. SD did not. She told her mom that she did NOT want to live with her. True to her selfish form, BM does not care what my SD wants. So, my SD came back distraught at the thought of having to go through the battle again. She worries because there is always a possibility her Mom will win, and that thought upsets her. The first night my SD returned from her Christmas visit with her mother, my SD insisted on sleeping with us ... get this ... because she was afraid she'd wake up and find herself back at her mother's house. Sad, sad sad!

And if that's not enough ... BM started telling my SD stuff about me and her Dad that simply is not true. Things you just don't tell a 10 yr old! For example ... BM told SD that her dad and I were seeing each other before they separated, and she hinted that this was the reason for the split! ha! In fact, we did not meet until well after they separated ...and it was BM who cheated and then left my husband. It's all a matter of record ... we have all sorts of written proof of those truths. How can someone tell such bold lies to a child ... and lies of such an adult nature? I'm flabbergasted!

Again ...this crazy woman amazes me at the head games she will play with her own child. I swear, this poor child has been stuck to me like glue since she returned on Saturday. Literally! She has to be constantly next to me or her Dad, either holding our hand, sitting in our lap or just glued to our hips.

I totaly knew that this woman would try to seek custody again, but it irks me that we'll have to spend another $5000 to defend our position and my SD ...and mostly because of the unnecessary stress it puts my SD through.

I've always heard (and seen, too) that when a custody agreement is in place and things are working fine that it's difficult to get a change of primary custody. Please tell me that's true!

My intuitive side says that if BM goes ahead with this she will be the BIG loser and will actually lose some of the visitation time she has with my SD. My intuition is normally right .. but I still worry.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!