SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Need help keeping a distance from BM

lovehadley
15 years ago

Things have kind of escalated with her lately and she is back to calling me pretty often.

I did a really good job about 8 months ago of being firm with her and NOT taking her calls, not discussing things with her and just directing everything to DH.

It was easy to do when she was being nasty to us.

Well, now she is all sugary nice (probably because she is hoping against hope that DH won't really switch SS to our district) and she's started calling me about things regarding SS.

The problem is, if I don't say or think EXACTLY what she wants me to, then she gets irritated and mad and starts a fight with DH.

For example, the kids have been off school the last two days because of snow.

SS was with BM last Monday night and last night but tonight is our night.

So BM calls me around 10 AM this morning and starts complainging that DH is not picking SS up until 4 pm today...the normal time he would pick him up if he had school.

She launches into this whole thing about how poor SS wants to go sledding with his dad so badly, and she thinks it's "ridiculous" that he won't come pick him up early.

I just told her the truth--DH is at WORK. Just because schools are off does not mean that he can miss work. My Dh owns his dealership and with the snow, this means some of his employees have not been able to make it in---so DH needs to be there all the more. He worked until 8 pm Monday night and 6 pm last night.

But of course when I reminded BM of this, she got all huffy and acted like he is this uncaring parent because he won't take a day off. GRRRRR. I feel bad because I know my DH would LOVE to take his son sledding, but it's just not in the cards right now. :(

Then last week, BM was all up in arms because this weekend is my DH's birthday. For MONTHS, DH and I have had plans to go to a wine tasting. He has been looking forward to it for so long.

Well, BM called me last week and wanted to know if it was true that DH doesn't want to be with his son on his birthday. UGH. I told her that we are celebrating with the kids on Thursday night---my mom is cooking dinner and we're having cake and presents at her house. We specifically planned that for a night that SS will be with us.

This weekend is NOT DH's weekend, and I jsut don't think it's wrong that he is looking forward to an adult evening? My DD is spending the night at my mom's.

Of COURSE if DH's birthday did fall on a night we had SS, we would celebrate with the kids THEN.

But BM is just all angry about this and told me she thinks it's appalling that a dad doesn't want to be with his son on his birthday.

Thoughts? And please, help me figure out how to get back to a state of calm with BM...I don't WANT to talk to her, or get dragged in, but then curiousity gets the best of me. She will call and call and call and leave message after message until I call her back. Or she'll leave me a message that says "Call me right away, I need to talk to you about SS...."

I want to go back to the way it was when I did NOT let BM destroy my sanity and live inside my head!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths