SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

Need help picking BM paint colors!!

nutmegxo
14 years ago

Hello this is my first time posting on here so I hope I am in the right area. We just moved into a house that is spacious with a large open floor plan downstairs. Prior to us moving in, the previous owners had the entire house (every single room) painted in BM's Mohair color. It seems like it was a good choice...a nice warm creamy color. However I am not a fan of monochromatic color schemes and so am looking to add accents of color throughout the downstairs that will give visual interest but at the same time keeping a good flow from room to room.

Okay okay...here is the question at hand. I am currently decorating the downstairs bathroom. The hallway outside the bathroom is in the Mohair color. We have just installed beadboard wainscoting on the bottom 1/3 of the wall (the walls are 9 feet high). The tile on the floor is an almond color (not a pale almond; but a richer almond color). The shower is a solid surface almond and the toilet is a lighter almond. We have just purchased a country french style vanity that is painted black with a granite sinktop that is beige with flecks of gingery gold in it and subtle flecks of black here and there. I also purchased sage green towels with a purple flower embroidered on them which I love. I very much like the sage & lavender combination.

Sooooo...originally I had visions of painting the bathroom Dune Grass because that color is similar to the towels but after analyzing, I think it best to keep neutral colors on the walls that coordinate with the granite sinktop.

I intend on keeping the baseboard, doors, and chair rail white. I want to paint the beadboard a warm golden honey color and above the chair rail a complimentary color.

Given all that detailed information, I am interested in any recommendations for paint colors. I have been analyzing paint swatches like crazy and keep pacing in the hallway outside the bathroom trying to come up with the right choice. My husband is thinking I am looney at this point LOL. What I am leaning towards now is going with Brunswick Beige for the top 2/3 of the wall above the chair rail. (This color is a darker value on the same card that Mohair is on). For the beadboard I am considering the Mohair but am questioning if that will look bland because the hallway outside the bathroom is Mohair.

Please help!!! Thank you!:)

Comments (3)