SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annasmom1199

for all you Antique experts out there :)

annasmom1199
13 years ago

Hi folks,

I certainly don't claim to know a lot about antiques but I do love antique pieces particularly in amongst more contemporary pieces in our home....here's my question....my husband and I purchased a dresser and matching five drawer chest from a local antique dealer....he told us that the set was between 50 and 60 years old and he bought this two piece set at an auction in the Boston area......he also said he refinished them himself and when we bought them, we thought they looked gorgeous.......that was almost three years ago and over the past year or more I notice that on a regular basis scratches (and likely original dents or marks) are surfacing on both pieces....is that typical and normal and happening because I'm not maintaining them in the correct way?

My only other experince is with all of the antique pieces my mom has which had all had been professionally refinished and now, many many years later they still look great in my mom's home and not showing what I'm noticing with the furniture in my bedroom...any suggestions or steering in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks!

Meg

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting