SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbarstow_gw

H E L P -- pink bathroom tile

mbarstow
12 years ago

When we remodeled our kitchen, I couldn't have done it without this forum. I hope I can get some feedback again on my latest project.

We have a fairly large, pale pink tiled master bathroom. Having just remodeled our kitchen, I can't face another remodel job now. I want to change the vanity, & take out the custom-made linen closet (from the mid-50's) There is a shower stall-no tub. The floor is tiled in a bluish grey with pink inserts. I don't like the pink, but I am thinking of just working with it. I've used cranberry towels and bath mats and it works really well with the pink tile.

Here's my delima . . . I am replacing the linen closet with a 78'' tall x 21'' wide cabinet, and a 36'' vanity. We are also adding a wall cabinet above the toilet which is set back in an alcove. This cabinet will be 36'' wide x 30'' tall x 6'' deep. I have two questions:

1. What do you think of having these cabinets finished with a cranberry stain or paint?

1. What color granite should I then select for the vanity? Above the tile, I am using a very subtle wallpaper with shades of rose/pink, almost like a toile in style.

Comments (16)