SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
temom

Hi Everyone - I'm new here

temom
17 years ago

Hi!

I'm new here. I've been looking for a good sewing forum, and I like how nice everyone is here, and how quickly you respond to posts.

I'm a new sewer, but determined. My pile of mistakes is still growing, but I am ever the optimist. I recently chunked my old clunker of a machine and bought a really nice one. Wow, it is so much fun to sew on a machine that works! Right now I am making eye pillows. I'm still experimenting a bit - I'm not sure how much flax seed I should put in them, and if I want to top stitch them or not. If I top stitch them, then I don't have any hand sewing, which makes me batty. Yesterday I bought some cheap material to try. It looks like nylon, and when it was washed, became a huge frayed mess. I've never sewn on nylon before, so it should be interesting to say the least. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to pass them along.

I'm married and have 2 kids, one in kindergarden and one in 7th grade. I also like to garden, although my vegetable/herb garden this year was decimated by bugs, critters, and disease. My flower gardens are hanging in there, but not really that nice. But life goes on, and I'm not to worried about it.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath