SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frizzle_gw

hi everyone! i'm new here.....

Frizzle
18 years ago

but i can tell i'm going to be here a LOT! i've been reading your posts and i'm so excited to be around people who understand what i'm trying to do here!

we live in a 1937 farmhouse-ish house, bought at auction in 2000 from the original owner. here's 2 shots to see the front.....

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

it's right about 2000 sq ft and what sold us (well... me) was the woodwork, untouched except the kitchen cabinets and the trim in the bathroom - they had one thin coat of paint. glass doorknobs, throw rugs over hardwood floors but most were just finished from the edge of the rugs to the walls so easy to refinish, 10' ceilings in all rooms and most of the original light fixtures, cast iron tub and farmhouse sink in kitchen.

projects completed so far -restored chimney so we didn't have to rely on electric heating (see wiring nightmare in PO thread) they tore it down just to the roofline and were kind enough to leave bricks in the attic) -refinished living room floor - had lovely green carpet over a red rubber mat that had smashed itself into the wood grain... took my dad and hubby 3 days and various tools and non-tool implements to get it off and then sand it down to the wood again. -striped upper kitchen cabinets (so far). redo of upstairs bathroom -half bath downstairs in in progress (am planning to get clawfoot tub to make it a whole bath), -rewiring (thank goodness for safety reasons) and getting estimate on windows - those storms have GOT to go and half of the remaining 16 have broken panes and destroyed sills.

glad to be here!

Friz

Comments (4)