SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

doc martin tv

User
12 years ago

Whoever mentioned Doc Martin series on BBC TV, I wish to thank profusely. I love the episodes I've viewed so far.

And, I kept exploring the history of the series, and learned that a couple of TV movies started the whole thing. Don't hold me to it, but I think they were the start of it. Maybe it was the movie SAVING GRACE which started it, but I think that movie, a true delight and funny as all getout, may have spun off from the two "made for tv" movies about Doc Martin.

Anyway, I learned that while some actors changed, characters changed, that they basically mutated into the TV series episodes, the SAVING GRACE movie, and the DOC MARTIN 2 TV movies. All laid in the little seaside town of Port Isaac, or Port Wenn as it is called in the Doc Martin series.

The fact that SAVING GRACE is related to the Doc Martin stuff, is enough recommendation for me to acquire the movies, which arrived from Amazon today. I cannot wait to sit down with my DH and watch the first one tonight. It is always nice to have someone to laugh with, and he loves the British sense of humor as much as I do. Plus I have yet to find a character in what I've seen so far, that is not properly drawn by the actor, or created by the writer.

If you can possibly do so, please look online to watch episodes of DOC MARTIN, and if you subscribe to NETFLIX, I'm told it has the two movies avialable for online watching. Plus, cable TV subscribers can look on the HBO online site and watch TV episodes there.

I like to watch the whole schmear, because I watch the scenery, and the homes, the interiors of the pubs, etc, and the boats in the harbor. It is definitely good escape material.

Let me know what you think.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County