SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Have you ever seen the tv show Doc Martin? BBC

TxMarti
12 years ago

It's set in a village on the coast of Cornwall, England. ALL the houses are small and quaint. I love the show and have been watching back episodes on hulu. It dawned on me last night that one of the things I love about the houses is that the people are (for the most part) happy to live in them the way they were originally built, small rooms, narrow stairs, inconvenient bathroom locations and all.

The houses are so small the people have to duck their heads to go through the doors and yet no one seems to mind. Most of the houses also have the English country kitchens that so many people on the kitchen forums are going for.

Anyway, it has made me think (now that it's too late) that we should have left our house alone and just lived with it the way it was built like those people. Yes, I do realize that they aren't really living there and don't have all the stuff we do, but it's still possible to live in a small house and be happy. One thing I also noticed was their houses weren't crammed with stuff.

I don't have a question and don't expect any comments (unless you want to), I was really just thinking out loud, as I flip flop over wanting to redo the kitchen or just rearrange it a little and leave most things alone.

Comments (11)