SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
covingtoncat

Ellen Kennon color suggestions for living room (X-posted)

covingtoncat
14 years ago

posted by error in the paint forum:

I need opinions on paint colors for my living room. It is approximately 29 x 16 (L v W) with one 3/4 length window on one short wall and two 1/2 length side by side windows on the other short wall. One window wall being at the front of the house, the other on the back. In the middle of one of the long walls (the exterior west wall of the house) is a brick fireplace with an antique oak (medium stained) mantle. On the other long wall are two door ways (one leading to the foyer and the other to the kitchen. The front of the house faces somewhat North, but not a true north. The wall with the fireplace on it has painted wood on the lower half of the wall with a plate rail equal in height to the bottom of the mantle shelf. The lower portion of this wall would be painted an accent color.

The colors that I am looking at are by Ellen Kennon and are Tulip Leaves for the main color and Olive for the accent OR either Sand or Terracotta Sand for the main color and Adobe for accent. Still also need to decide on trim and ceiling colors. I may leave the ceiling alone for now (currently antique white).

Either of the color combos would do well with existing furnishings and each has their own charm to me. For those of you familiar with EK paint, can you offer your thoughts on these choices? Thanks.

I will get some pictures posted when I can get my DD to help. TIA

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida