SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
launche_gw

NC New Kitchen Taking Shape

launche
9 years ago

Our new kitchen is taking shape, I'll post finished pics as it progresses. For us it was a risk as we've eliminated a breakfast area, which would have be small and to us make the space feel a little congested.

We opted for a island to seat 5 maybe 6 that we'll use as the breakfast table. That way we may actually use our dining room more than a few times a year. When we have a breakfast room/area we usually never use the dining room. So we figured the island will either get a lot of use or we'll divide eating equally between the island and dining room but we saw no need for us to have 3 eating areas in close proximity.

We hope the side island seating doesn't impact the walkways and various door openings one we actually start using the kitchen. I think we have about 40 inches all around between the island and other wall cabinets.

My wife picked a busy granite so we'll see how that turns out but she did the best with what they had to choose from at the moment. Granite should get installed in a week or so.

Comments (12)