SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evaf555

sewing disaster

evaf555
14 years ago

There have been disaster posts in the remodeling sections of THS. What about sewing?

I made some delightful wrap around pants once, without a pattern, and without testing the one I had made sufficiently.

They didn't overlap quite enough. And I made them too long, and kept stepping on the loose edges. I threw them out after one wearing, there was no salvaging them.

Measure twice and cut once...I made a seat cushion 18 inches too short. It had some complicated angles, and it was piped, and it was for somebody else, who was paying me.

A college chum made her first bathing suit back in the seventies. We didn't have a wealth of lycra and spandex available. The techniques and notions that every serious sewer take for granted today were just beginning to trickle into the marketplace.

She made her bathing suit out of white material. She didn't line it. And it wasn't well-known at that point that one needed special elastic for bathing suits, as the kind generally in the stores would just sag and stretch out when wet.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!