SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artlover13060_gw

I need a morale boost and advice. Please help!

artlover13060
13 years ago

This might belong on the conversation side, but I am asking for advice, so please bear with me .

I am having 20 people over Saturday night for my husband's 60th birthday party. The food is taken care of but I'm feeling self conscious about our home. I like my house well enough, but it in no way measures up to the houses of our friends who live in McMansions. To top it all off I've spent the entire summer renovating our basement by myself and it's looking good but not finished. The ceiling is still unpainted and mudded sheetrock. Yeck! I've cleaned up all the construction dust and put the furniture back in place. I would have loved to have locked the door to the basement but we need to spread out since we don't have one single room that will accommodate 20 people.

I need your help. What can I do to make my home look interesting, fun and party worthy on short order and low budget? I'll be pulling in a mish mash of chairs from all over. My hubby wanted a Caribbean theme and I haven't got a clue how to pull this off. Please help!

Comments (49)