women dress for women - but men???

joulesR4me

I've heard/read much said about "women dress to impress other women", but never seen anything about men. (I guess I could make a good jab here, but will refrain.)

Personally, I dress in a particular style for a number of things. But I never dress in a manner that is uncomfortable or, hopefully, not out of character ...

Anyway, my bf got a bit dressed up the other evening when we were going out to a fairly *trendy* spot and I started thinking, "why"???? Was it to look nice for me (hopefully), to attract other women or what? Any ideas?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Daisyduckworth

Women dress for women?? Hogwash!! They dress either to please themselves, or to please their men. I don't think men dress to please anyone, least of all themselves!! Boys, on the other hand, dress so that they look exactly like other boys their own age, so they'll fit into a group. I don't think they ever grow out of that, actually!

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I dress for myself, I wear what I like and what makes me feel good. I must be doing something right from the compliments I get. I wear a lot of costume jewelry, not at the same time of course. I have a lot of clothes and enjoy mixing them up and I wear hats/caps. One of these day when my confidence is through the roof I will good enough to wear one of my fedoras....maybe.

Save    

Related Stories

Furniture 8 Modern Dressing Tables for Unflouncy Women
If you wear makeup but not a petticoat, these sleek dressing tables will help you get ready in a most unruffled manner
Full Story
Accessories Meet the Aboriginal Women Forging a New Design Identity for Australia
Australia’s indigenous designers are introducing traditional motifs into contemporary lighting, textiles, furniture and ceramics
Full Story
Data Watch Decorating Trends: A New Houzz Survey Shows What Homeowners Want
Is the TV gaining or losing ground? Are women or men trendier? Find out and learn more about people’s decorating plans right here
Full Story
Most Popular Why Men Really Do Need a Cave
Don't dismiss cars, bars and the kegerator — a man space of some kind is important for emotional well-being at home
Full Story
40 Stylish Gifts for Modern Men
Houzz Gift Guide 2010: What to Buy for the Guy Who Has (Almost) Everything
Full Story
Backyard Studios 11 Nominees for the ‘She Shed’ Hall of Fame
These special sanctuaries let busy women get away from it all without leaving the backyard
Full Story
More Rooms A Room of Her Own
See how women are carving out a space to unwind
Full Story
Bedrooms Objects of Desire: Dressing Tables Groomed for Style
Have your own vanity fair with a table for doing makeup and hair that fits you perfectly
Full Story