SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleykat_gw

Drapes for corner window

valleykat
18 years ago

I posted this on the home decorating forum, but I thought I would try posting it here as well. I am in the process of decorating my lake house. I have a pair of corner windows that I need to cover. Here is a photo of one of them. There is another one on the other end of the room.

{{!gwi}}

I hate to put curtains up at all, but for privacy reasons at night, we need something. I'm also worried about the sun fading my new furniture. I will use shades on the regular windows. I would like to sew floor length drapes with grommets that slide on a decorative rod, kind of like these, for the corner windows:

{{!gwi}}

I don't want any drape in the middle though for obvious reasons. I have searched the internet and seen corner brackets, but I don't understand how I can install them for the type of curtains I would like to make. The thing I can't figure out is how you can attach the corner bracket to the wall and still slide the drapes all the way closed so that they meet in the corner. It seems like the support would get in the way of this. I plan to mount them so that when the drapes are pulled open the whole window will show and they will be drawn off to the sides. I had similar windows at my old house and used traverse rods where the hardware was hidden so it didn't matter. I really don't want that look at all though.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022