SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_beaudette

Window treatment ideas for corner windows

Stephanie
6 years ago

I would really appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on window treatments for our mountain home. We are building a home in the mountains and I am stuck on the dinning/kitchen corner windows. They are large windows (93" wx 99" tall--but have 2 windows within this total so inside mount and one headrail might be tricky) and during the day I do not want to obstruct the view at all however at night and when we are away, I want some type of covering. The walls will be creamy white with dark stained ceiling and beams so I gravitate toward the black curtain rod with white curtains look using a corner bracket to accomplish this. My only negative with this look is I'm not sure how I feel about having white drapes closed and how that looks from the outside. Considered solar style roller shades in a dark charcoal but wondered if these offered any privacy at night when lights were on inside. It's a family room and not a bedroom so total privacy isn't required but I don't want others to see fully inside at night either. Also saw a nice picture of woven woods mounted above the window along with white drapes to make the window appear larger and that would allow me to keep all views during the day. Thank you thank you!

Comments (6)