SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinmantu

Red Letter Days in ones life

Tinmantu
20 years ago

Visited with a friend today and we were talking about red letter days in OUR lives....Days that happened to you, that you personally will never forget..here were the ones that instantly popped into my head, some good and some not so good, but all have had an effect on the person that I am.

#1...The death of my father when I was the age of 5...John F Kennedy was assasinated 1 day later and all I saw was little John on TV being brave, so I was brave also even though I didn't understand death at the time.

#2...The birth of my daughter and my only child...I was in the birthing room and she was over a month premature and for a while didn't know if she was going to make it, shortly afterwards her mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer making her an only child...thank god they are both alive and healthy.

#3...The day that my step-father left our lives forever. I tolerated (because of fear) my mom hiding the black eyes while I was a pre-teen but I am proud that I drove him out by the time I was 16...told him he had to go to sleep sometime and I would **** him up when he did

#4...on a lighter note...My Denver Broncos finally winning a superbowl after so many years of futility...being a fan since 1974, it was a red letter day when they beat the Packers.

What are your personal red letter days?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio