SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polarprincess

Is this just because i have a cheap machine??

polarprincess
15 years ago

My husband bought me a 90 dollar kenmore sewing machine that i use basically only to sew muslin doll bodies and items, and a few doll dresses made out of various fabrics such as homsepun and silk. I have alot of issues getting the perfect stitch,going around tight corners or curves, and either it is too loose or too tight or some of both in the same stitch line, or the needle breaks and i have to start over. I have tried adjusting the tension, make sure i change needles when in change fabric thickness,, etc..but i just constantly fight with it and i am wondering if it is just the machine or is it the user? How do you know how to adjust the tension?? i just cannot figure out how to get it right?or is it just because it is cheap? I keep thinking i should just try and better quality machine, but my needs are so simple, i feel like this machine should be enough.. Are there machines out there that come with auto tension? What is the difference between a $90.00 machine and a more expensive one as far as quality and how things work? I have read on some bernina's you can change fabrics without changing needles etc... how is that?/ Thanks for any advice

Comments (9)