SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mirren_gw

Just Bought a Sewing Machine

mirren
18 years ago

After digging my 1974 Singer out and having it serviced and making valances for the livingroom windows, I put it away and haven't made another thing. It seems too much bother to set it up on the kitchen table and then put it away. So I thought I should look for a table for it. I was looking in the paper tonight and saw an ad for a Singer with table. I called and it is a 1956 Singer 319W2 Automatic Swing Needle Machine. The lady wanted $50 for it. So I went to see it and bought it. It is black with gold decoration. It has several levers at the top and some discs for different stitches. It folds down into the table and it has a knee pedal. There are about 7 metal bobbins, a variety of feet I guess and a few discs. She said she thinks she has more discs and will look for them for me. Also the manual is there. Her husband put it in my car (hatchback) and it is still there until tomorrow when my husband is home to take it out. She said she hasn't used it for about 20 years. So I guess I will take this one in to be serviced too. I hope I got a good deal and I hope it isnt too complicated for me to use. I am getting worried that I am more of a shopper than a sewer LOL

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!